Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Random Thoughts 10/6/09

  • We played volleyball tonight. Whew, it was rough! We're not that good compared to our competition but I think we had fun, overall. [Jim, you did great tonight, welcome to the team!] The good thing about volleyball is that if you practice, you can really improve over a short period of time.
  • I met one of my brother's high school classmates today. He said, "hey, are you Dustin Altic's brother?" If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that exact question…
  • The disgusting propagandist Michael Moore cleaned Sean Hannity's clock yesterday on Hannity's own show. Moore made better arguments, had better facts, and stuck to his game plan like a pro. Hannity got caught over and over again, I guess from lack of preparation. It was embarrassing because Moore's methods are devious and his arguments are flawed, but Hannity just didn't make the impact that Moore did. Hannity's radio show used to be like this, i.e. shoot from the hip; I don't need to prepare because I'm already sure I'm right. I haven't listened in recent years, but this apparent lack of prep and inability to argue effectively is why I quit listening to Hannity (and Bill O'Reilly's radio show too). In contrast I've listened to Rush Limbaugh faithfully over 18 years.
  • I've never owned a PDA or anykind of handheld computer, but this iPhone I have now is incredible. It's just crazy how powerful it is. My laptop had some issues, but I have most of my data backed up and accessible on my phone! It's great. It was also kind of nice to play several hours of Solitaire while I was sick in bed, without getting out of bed.
  • I've been watching more Glenn Beck lately. He's quirky but I like him. What I especially like: he does a great job of teaching complicated government and economic issues in memerable.
  • Greg Lewis' article about the beta-male is a great read. Good stuff here.

No comments: