Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad

Happy Anniversary to my folks!

They were married, October 7, 1410 BC I think, sometime during the conquest of Canaan by Joshua. They've been married a really long time.

It's pretty amazing that two people could be married as long as they have been in these days. Both sets of my grandparents were married over 50 years and my folks have been married over 40 years. My hope is to be married that long myself (I have over 13 years invested in this red-headed chick I know).

Congratulations, Mom and Dad, you're an inspiration to love and devotion. We love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have more than 13 years invested. Didn't you start dating when you were like 8?

Anonymous said...

Jared,

Thank you so much for remembering our special day!

We love you so much!

Mom & Dad

Thumper said...

Only 13 years that the state of Kansas can hold me to. More like 17 years now, if you start counting from church camp days.