Thursday, October 29, 2009

Random Thoughts 10/29/09

  • My children are precious. For Halloween (first dress up was last night at church) Brennan was a Star Wars clone trooper, Tanner was a ninja-cat of his own design, Eli was Darth Vader, Graham was a pirate, and Anneliese was a chicken. Oh, the cuteness never ends.
  • Watch Jonathan Ive talk about designing Apple products, like MacBook pros and iPhones. He admits that it is "a little obsessive" but it's still kind of cool.
  • Two long clips from Glenn Beck's Monday show: part 1 and part 2. This monologue is especially good, about the "me generation" and the direction our country is going. If you don't watch Glenn Beck, this would be a good introduction. This is Beck at his best, especially toward the end. I watched this on my DVR Tuesday, rewound it, and watched it again.
  • Do you technically "rewind" on DVRs, YouTube, and iPods? What else do you call backing up the video, the opposite of fast forward?
  • Did you see the Ares I rocket launch by NASA yesterday? It was actually a prototype of the Ares I, but still a really big rocket nevertheless. I'm not sold on the idea that we need to spend the time and money going back to the moon or even to Mars, which is only marginally feasible with little or nothing to gain from it. But the little boy in me loves to see a good rocket launch. And something needs to replace the Space Shuttle, sooner rather than later.

No comments: