Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sprained Ankle

I was playing volleyball last night, went up for a block, caught my foot on the opponent's knee and came down directly on my turned ankle, spraining it badly. Way to go, me!

I actually took some pictures of the ugly, swollen, bruised thing. But after looking at the pics, decided that they were more unpleasant than informative.

Anyway, I stayed home today, unable to drive. And I'm getting around a little bit by hobbling (that's why I'm sure it's not broken, it doesn't hurt at all to bear weight on it). Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be walking a little bit better and driving too.

I've had several sprained ankles, broke an ankle once, and been on crutches half a dozen times. This doesn't seem that bad. I would love to be playing volleyball again as soon as next Tuesday, as we only have four games left.

No comments: