Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Random Ides of March Thoughts, 3/15/11

  • Beware the Ides of March!
  • Ding! Dong! The Zune is dead!  Microsoft has officially discontinued the Zune, their brown clunky version of an iPod.  If Apple generally leads in innovative design of consumer electronics, the Zune was at the far other end of the spectrum.
  • I don't even an own an iPad and yet I keep watching these iPad how-to videos.  How hopeless am I?
  • Here's the best grilling tip I've seen in awhile; one I'll actually use the next time I cook hamburgers for the family.
  • The hoot owl that used to live in my backyard is back!  He started hooting after midnight last night, with the TV and stuff off, when I'm just reading, I can hear him hooting away to his hearts content.  He sounds close (like on-my-deck-outside-my-window close) but who knows.
  • Here's an article that asks, "where all the children have gone?"  It seems, the author points out, that postmodern secular nations are committing suicide by not having enough children (the replacement rate is 2.1 children per woman).  Births per woman have dropped in recent decades across the world, even in populations that are normally high.  Religion is a major factor in deciding the size of the family, with secular people having the smallest families (or lack thereof).  We're doing our part to repopulate the world with well-rounded Christian American Republicans!
  • My wife blogs about Spring Break next week.

No comments: