Thursday, March 03, 2011

Random Thoughts 3/3/11

  • The NFL labor issues are well explained here. It's interesting that not many people are sympathetic to the players' union. In fact, the poll on CBS has only 21% of people on the side of the players. Unions have their place but I don't think they have the sympathies of the American public right now.
  • The new iPad 2 is "a rockstar from Mars. It runs on tiger blood." No doubt. I wasn't expecting a big upgrade yet the new iPad is much more powerful. The new cameras for Facetime are also a big plus; as well as the same relatively low price points.
  • Tomorrow is Shannon's birthday! Happy birthday!!! I love you so much!
  • The FAA just approved the iPad for use by pilots as an alternative to paper charts. The FAA requires 20 pounds or more of charts and paper work to be with the pilot but that can now be replaced by a 1.3 pound tablet that has built in GPS. According to the article this is just the first step but I've heard from a lot of pilots that are eager to see this kind of transition happen, when organizational and administrative info, pilot and crew scheduling, weather, and other information is added.
  • For the "birther" conspiracy theorists, remember this: There wasn't enough of a case to make for the Clinton machine to find and use. And they would have found it and they would have used it. To me, that's the most compelling argument on the subject I've ever heard.
  • It looks like we have titles for the upcoming Hobbit movies. According to sources: "The first film will be called "The Hobbit: There and Back Again", the sequel is to be called "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey."" I'm going to get Brennan and Tanner to read The Hobbit before these movies are out.
  • Oh, here's my QR code. Scan with your camera phone (I use RedLaser) to get my professional contact info. [Thanks, Paul B.]

No comments: