Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Hanging Thru Double Overtime

Some blessings in life are subtle.

This morning, I overheard my wife (not a sports fan by any stretch of the imagination) talking to her mother, complaining that a foul should have been called at the end of the KU - Texas Tech game last night.

I had thought she was sitting through the double-overtime game just because she was wanting to be in the room with me -- kind of like when she reads a book or takes a nap on the couch during a football game. But she was paying attention and asking thoughtful questions. She even wanted to talk about it the next day! To her mom!

Has she been converted into a sports-nut? No, but something like that is a pretty good indicator that she loves me. No pretending, just genuine interest because I was interested. Thank God for her.

No comments: