Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's

Guys, admit it, we have little or no sense about how to handle this holiday. My original take that Valentines was stupid and that my wife should just pretend it's the same as any other day--well, let's just say that that line of thinking is now officially retired.

I'm learning to consider what she wants. So we went to an Irish restaurant (which judging by the quality of the food, I'm not sure that the Irish actually have restaurants; I think they have bars that so pity their patrons that they're willing to feed them scraps--like the stray cat on your back porch).

I bought her a small rose bush, which was smart because she didn't want cut flowers.

And I also cleaned house after she went to bed. Take note guys, picking up after yourself is huge to any woman who has lived with you for more than a week. At first they were disappointed to discover that you were a slob, but after that point, any cleaning you do is gravy.

You just gotta listen to what's important to your spouse. It really matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, will you slip a little note to your brother about this, thanks :) Great page so far...I've just read the notes up to this one.