Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Why I Care About Iraq

Please don't think I'm turning into a milblog (military news web log). I'm not interested in keeping you up to date on the latest news and I am certainly not wanting to promote the war. But a lot of the discontent in our lives right now comes stems from current events overseas. We get a steady dose of bad news and casualty reports from the mainstream media with little positive news. Combine that with our concern for our deployed loved ones and it can be discouraging.

I hope that I can balance that out by showing you the virtuous and encouraging side of what's happening there. It's not all bad. And those who have sacrificed have not done so in vain. If I can dispel some of the jaded cynicism floating around out there then I've done my job.

No comments: