Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Most Capable Woman I Know

Look what Shannon built today!



I've been incredibly busy lately and unavailable but that doesn't slow Shannon down. She takes all four kids by herself to Wal-Mart or the doctor or to the YMCA or wherever. The washing machine breaks – she fixes it. A swing set needs to be assembled – she does it. This is all with four boys: 6, 4, 2, and a nursing infant. As I'm typing this I'm overcome with the aroma of the homemade rub she applied to a brisket that is cooking overnight. Tomorrow, we'll have all of my family over and the house will be spotless and homemade dinner rolls will be fresh and hot out of the oven. And after dinner she'll probably beat us at cards! She's pretty much incredible.

Meanwhile, I taught Tanner to do this:

No comments: