Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Random Thoughts 5/31/06

  • Our 10th Wedding Anniversary is tomorrow. If you're interested in metrics, that's one cat, two ministries, three Macs, four kids, four homes, half a dozen VCRs, eight cars, and 3652 days.
  • Texas has increased the daytime speed limit in some areas to 80 MPH, the fastest posted speed limit in the nation. Having taken several trips across Texas, I'm in favor of anything that will make that go faster.
  • The boys can't stay away from their new swingset. They've discovered hundreds of ways to jump and fall off of it that the manufacturer never intended.
  • 14,000 Hits. How cool is that? I'm thinking about redesigning the site later this summer, just to change things up a bit. I'm looking at templates, color palettes, stock photos and layout ideas. We'll see what I come up with, but it'll have to wait until after church camp and VBS and all of that.
  • My new laptop is still on backorder. I had to call and confirm my order today and they couldn't give me a specific delivery date. It's a popular computer. I just hope I get it before I leave for church camp. That said, the 2GB in memory chips arrived in the mail yesterday. They're just waiting for a home.
  • I've always thought that the feeling we ministers get when we're worn down and out of sorts and physically depleted was called "being in a funk." It turns out that a "funk" is actually defined as a state of paralyzing fear. So the term I guess I'm looking for is a "malaise." Hmmm, that's better.
  • Tanner was complaining the other day because Brennan "trickted on" him. They were playing Go Fish and when Tanner asked for a certain card, Brennan would lie and say "Go Fish." Brennan thought it was brilliant. Mom and Dad thought it was cheating! Tanner just got frustrated, saying, "I don't wanna play anymore, Bwemin! I wanna go to da livin' room and dance." (the radio was playing music in the other room) Tanner sure makes us laugh a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1+2+3+4+4+6+8=28
(3x6)+(5x2)=28
I'm all over it...

Thumper said...

I said metrics, not numerology.

What you found is coincidental. I included the cat at the last second, I said about half a dozen VCRs not six exactly, and I may have miscounted the cars.

This is a great example of why the various Bible Codes are all bogus.