Thursday, May 04, 2006

When Perverts Gossip

Well, now I know more about goddess worship and sexual rituals than I ever wanted to know.

I'm about 360 pages into The Da Vinci Code… shoot me now; put me out of my misery. There's a character that's introduced about halfway through the book that is the "expert." Yet almost every point he makes is wrong in some way. Just flat out, demonstrably, not even in the right ballpark wrong. Amazing.

I'm fairly confident that any first year Bible College student could take the premise of this book apart without even trying. Amidst the book's skeptical cynicism and smug elitism, it has managed to be factually wrong on dozens of points. No wonder there are so many books refuting this novel, it's too easy! The only difficulty is where do I begin when giving a one hour seminar or a 35 minute sermon?

That said, I can imagine people who are bitter against the church and looking for ammo that would cling to this novel wholeheartedly. Oh well.

Clue to the previous post: it is a word jumble.

1 comment:

Thumper said...

Three words…