Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The New MacBook

What do I like about the new Macbook I hope to get soon?

  • Above all, it's a Mac. That means quality and user friendly, as well as cutting edge design. This computer will likely last a long time.
  • I agree with Dustin, the magsafe power plug which can be safely jerked out by toddlers is a huge plus to a dad of four little boys.
  • I like the built in camera. I played with one at a store awhile back, very cool.
  • Duel-core 2 GHz processor running the rock-solid Unix based OS X! **twists imaginery throttle and makes revving engine noises.**
  • The small size. This laptop is compact and light weight. The trend in laptops right now is bigger and bigger, including the brand new 19 inch, 16 pound, $4500 Alienware windows machine. What's the point? My portable computer will be a sleek 13.3 inch, 5 pound, $1300 Mac.
  • The new touchpad has some cool features, like two finger scrolling and and a two finger option-click. If you're not using a mouse this is the next best thing.
  • All wireless out of the box. This will be my first computer with built in wireless networking and bluetooth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jared

Thought you might be interested in this review of the MacBook

http://www.macworld.com/2006/05/firstlooks/macbookbench/index.php

Later
David T.