Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Random Thought 7/2/08

  • Snopes.com reports on gruesome golf fatalities. Perhaps that's why I don't play golf.
  • Brett Favre has an "itch" to play another year. For Pete's sake, please just retire already. Or don't. But stop going back and forth!
  • The surge in Iraq has been an undeniable and resounding success. It's truly an historic moment. But that's not what everyone was predicting a year ago. Do you remember who the naysayers were?
  • Speaking of historic moments, I read the other day that 25-40% of the news in 2007 was about Iraq. Now that violence is down and the Iraqis are taking charge of their own country, only about 3-4% of the news in 2008 is about Iraq. Nobody seems to know that we've done something incredible in the Middle East. I guess it doesn't fit the "America is bad" template.
  • If you're one of the Fantasy Football owners in my league, the WFFL, and you haven't been talked to yet, please call me. We need to establish who's playing this year and there's a waiting list of folks wanting in. The Draft is August 25.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jared if you don't know already...I am in for Fantasy Football. Yet, I think Dustin told you.

~ Chad

Thumper said...

I've got you Chad, and about 15 of the 30 teams from last year. Now I've just got to get everybody else locked down - one way or the other.