Friday, July 04, 2008

Random Thoughts 7/4/08

  • Happy Independence Day!
  • I'm blogging this in Firefox 3. The new web browser set a record for most software downloads in the first 24 hours with over 8 million downloads. I think Firefox is a great browser. I was using Safari about 80% of the time but now it's about 50-50, depending on whether certain sites (like Blogger) function correctly.
  • Do read Imprimis? You should. I'm going to use some of these articles for my boys civics and government lessons as they get older.
  • The Office returns with a series of webisodes next Thursday. I know some of you are dying for this.
  • We saw WALL•E today with the older three boys. It's a fantastic little movie, which Shannon and I and Brennan and Tanner all enjoyed. Elijah, who is only four, just wasn't interested. The little guy fidgeted and hemmed and hawed through a good portion of the movie. WALL•E just isn't a good movie for toddlers – great for everyone else – but not for toddlers.
  • We also had my family over for the Fourth last night (July 3 is also Alanna's birthday). We had barbecue chicken and lots of fireworks. It was a good evening, capped off with Dustin and I lighting a nice array of mortars shells from the street by our house. It's the most fireworks I've lit in probably six or seven years. Thanks Dustin!

No comments: