Monday, July 14, 2008

When Little Boys Shed

I'm used to living with a long-haired family member, routinely finding Shannon's hair on my person and around the house. I've even gotten used to the dogs and cat, cleaning up animal hair from the carpet and such. But I'll never get used the what the boys shed.

The boys pass through a room and leave behind a debris field of Legos and Bionicles. Die-cast cars and plastic whatchamajigs are scattered across the floor. They don't even have to be playing with the toys – they carry them around and randomly slough off hard pieces of plastic for me to step on later.

These boys are conditioning me to never go barefoot around home, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't timed it, but the imprint of a two nubby lego piece can stay on the bottom of a foot for longer than it hurts.

www.homeschoolblogger.com/Twisted