Monday, July 07, 2008

Rotten Tomatoes for Everyone

I enjoy watching old movies and I love talking about movies. So I signed up on Rotten Tomatoes to review movies. You can see my ratings and read some of my reviews (mostly just reposted from this blog but conveniently collected in one place) by clicking here. Click on ratings to the growing list of films I've rated.

Some of the films I've seen in the last week or so:

  • I thoroughly enjoyed Gary Cooper and Walter Brennan in The Westerner (1940). This was Brennan's record setting third Oscar for supporting actor.
  • WALL•E (2008) was fantastic. It was different than previous Pixar films but great nevertheless.
  • I was horrified to watch The Last King of Scotland (2006). It's actually a well acted movie based on the real-life dictator Idi Amin. But it's also an abuse of the soul to witness the horrors that evil man perpetrated on Uganda.
  • Similarly, I watched The Killing Fields (1984). I've now officially had my fill of third world dictatorships killing innocent people en masse.
  • How long has it been since you've watched Tootsie (1982)? It was better than I'd recalled. Still more than a little unnerving (a guy in drag will have that effect on you) but still a good story.

No comments: