Friday, October 24, 2008

Cranberry Fan

I've always had a thing for cranberries, specifically cranberry juice or, even better, real cran-apple juice (squeezed from real cran-apples, of course).

Now Pepsi's Sierra Mist (formerly Slice and competitor to Coke's Sprite) is introducing a cranberry flavored soda for the Christmas season. I always wanted Mountain Dew to give us a cranberry flavor, but this will have to do. Perhaps it'll even be better than my cran-apple juice cocktail and ginger ale concoctions, though that's pretty hard to beat.

Let me know if you try any of Sierra Mist's cranberry goodness.

Speaking of Mountain Dew, Pepsi is desperate to stay in second place behind Coca Cola and thus will be rebranding itself again. Along with bizarrely mutated logos and odd fonts, Mountain Dew will now be known Mtn Dew. Uh… okay.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I think Sierra Mist did that last year (they did something) and I liked it (whatever it was).

jayrod said...

We tried it on my vacation; I really liked it. Flavor's not too overwhelming.

alanna said...

My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I can't wait to try it!! In fact, I just may have to go to the store today and get me some. What's even better is that I can have it all to myself since Dustin isn't a cranberry fan.

The Lane's said...

Haven't tried it yet but will have to check it out. I am hooked on the Ocean Spray drink Cranergy - raspberry cranberry drink. It is only 20% fruit juice I think but the flavor is good!