Saturday, October 25, 2008

He's Been Licked

Tanner (almost 7) has discovered practical jokes.

Of all my sons, he's always been the most resistant to physical affection. "Do you want a hug from Dad?" No. "Will you give Mom a kiss?" No. "Come here you little squirt…" and off he runs, giggling with glee. Anything to avoid getting a hug or a kiss.

The other evening, after prayers, Tanner was suddenly affectionate. As the boys ran four different directions during the post-prayer, pre-bed chaos, Tanner came right up to me and kissed me on the lips.

Wow. What a breakthrough. What a heartwarming moment that I'll cherish for years to come.

"Thank you, son."

*snicker* "I let the dog lick my lips!", he laughed as he ran up the stairs.

Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that precious little boy! Hilarious!

Grandma Anita