Saturday, January 03, 2009

Fantasy Playoffs

This year, in my main fantasy football league, I went 11-6. That set me up as the second best team (of four) in the playoffs. In our league we play a 17-game regular season and then re-draft for the playoffs. We can keep keepers off our regular season roster and then we draft to fill out a 10-man roster that will accumulate points through the playoffs.

We have to have 2 QBs, 2 Kickers, and 6 "Flex," i.e. backs or receivers. My playoff team is as follows:

QB Peyton Manning, IND
QB Jake Delhomme, CAR
RB Brian Westbrook, PHI*
RB Michael Turner, ATL
RB Chris Johnson, TEN
WR Derrick Mason, BAL*
WR Roddy White, ATL
TE Dallas Clark, IND*
K Rob Bironas, TEN*
K John Kasay, CAR*

*keepers from my regular season team

Most of my 11-6 team were players on mediocre teams and thus not eligible for the playoffs but I'm happy with the playoff team I have now. The team with the most points after the Super Bowl wins.

So this weekend I'm banking on the Falcons, Colts, Ravens, and Eagles. I'll be rooting against their opponents and the Steelers and Giants. Something like a Colts/Falcons Super Bowl would work great for me but so would a Panthers/Titans finale!


Update 11pm: So much for that. I've never lost 4/10 of my squad on the first night. Ouch.

No comments: