Monday, January 19, 2009

This Is Why I Can't Work Around My Family

I'm making a pathetic attempt to work at home due to a number of factors.

The older boys are doing school at the same time and these are the voices filling our home that keep me from getting any work done:

  • Tanner: "Some bricks have holes in them! …I don't know why."
  • Mom: "Brennan, spell your name in English on your papers from now on!" He was writing "Brennan Conner Altic" in alien code letters from the Bionicle toy series.
  • Tanner: "Dad, is this how you spell thorn?"
  • Brennan: "My back hurts when I scratch it." Don't scratch it then, son.
  • Tanner reading: "I'm cold. I'm white. I fall from the sky. What am I? A snowflake, a seal, or a glass of milk? Hmmm… a seal!"
  • Brennan: "Mom, is Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota?" Yes, son. "Yay!!!" Obviously this is cause for celebration.
  • Graham: "I wanna shrink! I wanna shrink!" shrink = drink "Shanks, Mom."
  • Mom: "Eli, stop playing in the bathroom. If you need a drink, get a drink in the kitchen… with a cup."
It's everything I can do to ignore all of this.

No comments: