Monday, January 12, 2009

Respecting the Office

After learning that the Obama family bought a Wii for Christmas, I'm beginning to soften towards them. President-elect Obama also made a second mention last week of changing the college football bowl system to a playoff system. See, he can't be all bad.

For my part, I'm going to pray for the President. He's everyone's president now, even if he wasn't everyone's candidate. I also love our country enough to want things to go well for him. I was fit to be tied that Americans were wishing ill toward our troops in combat because of their seething hatred for President Bush. That was wrong and I won't be part of it.

I'm also going to try to refer to him as President Obama or some other appropriate title. I hated how people refused to show respect to George Bush, calling him "Bushie," "Bush Jr.," "George," "That Idiot," etc. Grow up, hater. The only hitch here is that the new President, like Hillary or Elvis, has become mononymous, so calling him "Obama" is not necessarily disrespectful.

But around here, he'll be the President or President Obama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of Obama, but this verse has helped...

Titus 31-2 1 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.