Monday, June 21, 2010

iOS 4! Part 2

I've had my iPhone upgraded for a few hours now and here are some thoughts:

  • Every time I get a new computer (or upgrade my iPhone) I'm so excited about the new features and capabilities that I can barely sit still. But I'm really just excited about all the new potential, which you can never realize in the first five minutes. So it always feels a little anti-climactic. The payoff is in the little details, day by day, that make your work and play better.
  • Surprise! I was multitasking and didn't know it. I just closed my apps as usual and didn't realize that I was leaving the old app running, until I double-clicked the home button and saw a long list of apps staring back at me. Hmm… learning curve. I think I'd benefit from a user guide or owner's manual or something.
  • I had to remove and re-load my photo albums. The pictures were all low-res, maybe just thumbnails, and they looked horrible. It's fixed now.
  • Part of the photo problem, is that the phone now supports "Faces" and "Places" Once your albums are reloaded, you can sort your photos by who appears in them or where they were taken. Pretty handy if you want to show off the grand kids or your latest vacation photos.
  • Winne the Pooh rocks. But when I first tried to download iBooks from the App Store, it told me that I couldn't because the app was "only for the iPad."




2 comments:

jayrod said...

I was able to download iBooks by going thru iTunes on my computer. Hope that helps!

Thumper said...

Yeah, I got it on the second try. I was just a little ahead of the game.