Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Top Shot

I'm not normally a fan of reality TV shows (I finally came around to watching "Survivor" but I avoid the voyeuristic and celebrity reality shows like the plague), but I've found one that I like.

On the History Channel, former Survivor contestant Colby Donaldson hosts a contest among marksmen called "Top Shot." In "Top Shot" two teams of marksmen of various disciplines compete in interesting challenges. The show combines a "Survivor" like element to a more typical History Channel show on the history of firearms.

Most of the contestants, including one woman, are military-types or police but not some are civilian experts, enthusiasts, or competitive shooters. It also seems like half the guys are pistol experts, the other half are rifle experts, but one of the early episodes had them all shooting an English Longbow. I've also been impressed with the variety of competitions; they're really creative and seem to surprise the contestants.

"Top Shot" airs on Sunday nights. The first four episodes will be rebroadcast on July 4.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a great show right! I love it and very challenging, I wish I could compete in this and see how well I would do in comparison to so-called experts.

Chad