Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Random Thoughts 6/29/10

  • Well it turns out I am, in fact, eligible for a new iPhone 4 but my wife is not. She won't be eligible until March. For now I'm going to wait; it just seems too tacky to go trade up for a new toy when my wife can't participate.
  • KU's new big man here? I think so.
  • It's ok, I wasn't really watching much of that soccer stuff anyway.
  • The 2010 World Series of Poker is nearing an end. With Phil Ivey and a few other pros winning another bracelet and professionals like John Juanda making multiple final tables.
  • 1.7 million iPhone 4s sold in the first 72 hours. Wow.
  • Here's the wikipedia page on next year's KU basketball team.
  • I watched the classic Al Pacino film, Serpico, last night. Good film and a true story too; I wonder if this ought to be required viewing for police officers? It's all about police corruption and being an honest cop. Serpico (1973) is directed by Sidney Lumet, of whom I'm not really a big fan. I liked Serpico and 12 Angry Men (1957), and thought Network (1976) was okay, but he's had several other films that were just goofy and some I just don't have any interest in seeing.

No comments: