Friday, June 11, 2010

Random Thoughts 6/11/10

  • Panthers' wide receiver Muhsin "Moose" Muhammad is retiring after 14 years in the NFL. And I've been waiting. Moose was the color commentator in an NFL Europe game several years ago. I saw it. He was fantastic; hands down, one of the best, as good as the big-name guys who do it on Sunday afternoons. I know that there's a long line of retired players who think they have second career in broadcasting, but Moose could really, really be good.
  • It's sad to see the Big 12 implode. Grrrr…
  • I'm doing church camp next week. Blogging will be spotty at best from Sunday to Friday.
  • John Juanda, one of the nicest guys in professional poker, has already made two final tables in the first 15 events in this year's World Series of Poker. Just these two great finishes (4th place and 5th place) have earned him half a million dollars. The WSOP runs through mid-July.
  • Are there any Big 12 schools you miss when your team doesn't play them regularly anymore? I'm really apathetic about Colorado and Nebraska. But if Missouri or K-State gets separated from KU, then it'll bother me. I'll miss seeing the Oklahoma schools too.
  • When I go to camp, I'll be leaving Shannon, Graham, and Anneliese at home. That's really going to make me sad.

No comments: