Thursday, February 16, 2006

Chopped Liver

Each night when Brennan and Tanner go to bed, we pray with them. I kneel by Tanner's bottom bunk and Shannon stands by Brennan's top bunk. Tanner prays first, then Brennan, then Daddy, then Mom.

When the boys pray they often list all the things and people they're thankful for and, meandering all over the place, it's easy to miss someone. After leaving me out a few times, I playfully protested, "What am I? Chopped liver?!"

Brennan and Tanner thought that was hilarious (not that they could tell you what liver is). So now each prayer time, one or the other will deliberately list everyone in our family but leave me out, as they giggle with glee waiting for me to respond, and then burst with laughter when I say the magic words.

The other night Tanner added a new twist. He prayed, "Tanks for Daddy, he's topped libber."

No comments: