Saturday, February 11, 2006

Random Thoughts 2/11/05

  • I noticed that the last four digits of the phone number for the local emergency room are 5050. Fifty-fifty? Shouldn't you have better odds?
  • We're all sick and tired of being sick and tired. Shannon is nearing the "get me out of my own body" phase of pregnancy. The boys and I have been ill off and on for four days now. I've settled in to a pattern of getting ill every night/morning and rebounding in the afternoons, only to repeat the cycle the next day. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
  • Art Shell has been re-hired by the Raiders. Since his firing eleven years ago the Raiders have gone through five other coaches and have had only three winning seasons. Shell, a Hall of Famer who played for the Raiders in two Super Bowls and eight Pro Bowls, had four winning seasons and three playoff appearances in five years as the head coach. He was 9-7 when Al Davis fired him.
  • We flew past 7500 hits yesterday. Thanks for reading my blog.
  • Does anybody notice that the President has a weekly radio address on Saturday mornings? I'm an avid talk radio listener yet I usually don't hear it or anything about it. I wonder if most people know such a thing still exists.
  • Can you get more weird than an Olympic Opening Ceremony? I missed this year's ceremony at the behest of my eye-rolling wife who just wasn't interested.
  • The US has it's first gold medalist. On day one, speed skater Chad Hedrick won the Men's 5000 meter. Yay. See the medal count at NBC's Olympic site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a quote that I had gotten from a friend who sends me daily meditations, I thought it very appropriate :0.

"The grass is not, in fact,always greener on the other side of the fence. Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greenest where it is watered."(Robert Fulghum)