Thursday, February 09, 2006

I Will Survive, Week 2

Ok, Episode 2 made a little more sense, from a Survivor-novice point of view.

  • Two tribes made a lot more sense than four. With four tribes it seemed obvious that the short tribe would be at high risk of losing again, basically dooming them. I also like how they split the teams school yard style. That said, I feel the La Mina tribe is significantly stronger than Casaya, both mentally and physically. And if Casaya keeps losing, they'll probably need to reshuffle again.
  • I like how they did the exile island thing this time. In fact, they could do something similar everytime they have an odd number of contestants. Leave one exile behind in order to make the tribes even and then the exile could join the losing tribe after the tribal council and bring that team back up to an even number. It mixes things up a bit because the exile might have to switch tribes and adds some strategy if the exile stands out – for better or worse – or especially if they find the immunity idol.
  • My favorites? I'm rooting for the Terry and Dan alliance. Go old guys! A former astronaut and an F-14 pilot, how cool is that?
  • My least favorite? Cirie. She seems out of place and a total liability. I've heard rumors that she goes far but I can't imagine how. Actually I can. It's the old "faster than the bear" adage. "You don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than the slowest person running from the bear." Coming in next to last each week, Cirie may be with us for awhile.

No comments: