Saturday, February 25, 2006

Rather Have a Root Canal

I'd rather have a root canal than…

  • listen to Dick Vitale yammering while the Jayhawks get beat by 25 points. Actually, I'm not sure if I want to hear, "IT'S AWESOME, BAAAABY!!!" under any circumstances.
  • hear one more figure skating commentator gush over the contestants like Paula Abdul does on American Idol. Can someone still be "gutsy, fearless, and a champion at heart" if they are only doing a double lutz? And honestly, how many people can Paula really be a "big fan" of anyway?
  • be sick one more day.
  • watch the Oscars next week. Jon Stewart, gay cowboys, George Clooney conspiracy theories, unfettered liberal agendas, and four hours plus of Hollywood's self-congratulating glurge. Where do I sign up! Seriously, I would watch Robert Altman receive his lifetime achievement award from the Academy which has snubbed him for almost 50 years. Altman is a native of Kansas City and is known for being very anti-Hollywood. Maybe he'll give them a piece of his mind.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I love Dickie V Baby. Especially, when he is so enthusiastic against the Jayhawks. Those diaper dandies got the buts kicked last night.

Anonymous said...

I would be really offended if I understood what "diaper dandies got the buts" meant.

Anonymous said...

If you knew who Dick Vitale was then, you would know what "diaper dandies" meant!!

Anonymous said...

I was alluding to the fact that you have difficulty spelling and forming a complete sentence. It was my witty way of retaliating when I really had no ground to stand on. Ha, Ha. It is always so much funnier when you get my jokes.

Anonymous said...

So, can Democrats be christians?

Anonymous said...

uh, what? What does that have to do with Dick and KU?