Monday, February 06, 2006

McCain Dresses Down Obama

Senator John McCain (R-AZ) just took Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) out behind the wood shed!

The former Navy pilot and POW sent the new young senator a biting letter, apologizing for believing Obama at his word and trusting the Illinois Democrat to do the right thing.
As I noted, I initially believed you shared that goal. But I understand how important the opportunity to lead your party’s effort to exploit this issue must seem to a freshman Senator, and I hold no hard feelings over your earlier disingenuousness. Again, I have been around long enough to appreciate that in politics the public interest isn’t always a priority for every one of us. Good luck to you, Senator.

I don't always agree with McCain, but you can't doubt the man's personal ethics anymore than you can question his ability to verbally dress you down (both lessons he would have learned at the Naval Academy in Annapolis).

Read the entire letter here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go McCain!!

What's scary is that Obama is such a smoothly polished politician, he may continue to excel in Washington because of the mere appearance of care for his constituency, not for his actual integrity, or lack thereof. In short, I'm scared he'll get a lot of votes because he looks and sounds good, not because he's actually proven he can lead.