Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Random Thoughts 2/28/05

  • I walked home from work today, just for the exercise. All kinds of people slowed down with pained looks on their faces but I just smiled and waved them on. It was a two mile walk (about 30 minutes) and not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. My knee hurt a little at the end and one arm went numb, but other than that, no problems!
  • I saw an interview with the comedian Drew Carey. He almost convinced me to be a fan of the USA Soccer team. And that's saying something – I know nothing about soccer! But he made an interesting case for the game and the players and how other nations view our team. Hmmm… Oh well, when does the NFL start again?
  • To celebrate Pancake Day (and the end of a pay period) we went to IHOP twice today, for breakfast and supper. Free pancakes and water make for an affordable meal; we even splurged and got the boys chocolate milks! Shannon wasn't with us this evening because of a meeting and again I drew quite a few stares as I navigated my three little guys through the crowded restaurant.
  • We reached 8500 hits. Thanks.
  • Kaitlyn Anderson was born early this morning. Baby and Mom are doing well. It's funny but we've never had a minister at our church before who had a daughter, so Kaitlyn is a bit of a novelty. Between our two families, we have six boys and one girl. Shannon is jealous but we still have another four or five weeks before Graham gets here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, word is starting to get around about this here blog, and I didn't believe some of the things that were being said, so I decided to check it out.

It's not that I (or others) dislike you for our opinions, it's just that you are so BORING! Most preachers, revs, priests, whatevers that I have came across had at least a spark of charisma (including Dr. King, who you are not worthy of even mentioning).
You are a fat couch potato, which I am sure bides fine by the portly Eastern Kansas folks.


Here is what you say the pupose of this blog is :


I want this blog to show why I'm so content with God and the life He's given me.

Apparently you are content with God because he gave you IHOPs and Television.

Don't try to posture as some kind of intellectual.. the Church has always hated those anyway....

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was below the belt and the ref is going to need to take a point away. I am getting sick of this battery on Jared. He will take the abuse and even show your side of the story. Yet, these anonymous posters come in and take shots and run away ANONYMOUSLY. At least Jared puts his name behind his comments like a man. He has the gall to stand up for his opinions unlike some who post here.
Like anonymous has never watched Television and eated out. Besides, the main reason Jared has this blog is so that his children have the opportunity to see, and hear what there father was feeling and doing on a daily basis after he is gone(hopefully this doesn't happen for a long time). So before you open your mouth and spout off make sure you have the facts and the courage to put your name at the end of your post.

~Chad

Anonymous said...

1. I like being ANONYMOUS.There is nothing wrong with it, they give me the option, don't they?
2. Gall ...Bitterness of feeling; rancor (Merriam Webster). I think you used that perfectly, without even knowing it.
3. What FACTS are you referring to? What in that post was not factual?

4. Chad, get a life. The only thing possibly worse that Jared's blog is the fact that he has some lackey answering for him.

5. This is all a part of the 'blogging' world. For all you know, I am sitting in your congregation every Sunday (A distinct possibility), and I just want Jared to know how WRONG some of us think this blog is.
Or maybe I am a 12-year old Chinese boy sitting in Gansu Province (town of Wuwei) and 'pulling your chain' (as you Americans say).

Isn't the Internet Great?

Thumper said...

I said that sodomy makes me ill to think of it. Not gay people.

No homosexual has ever been turned away from the church to my knowledge and won't be by me. And I've stated so publicly, in church.

And Chad is not a churchgoer (or a lackey), so don't read into his statements things that are not there.

If anonymous was a member of our church, they'd know they were handling this poorly, gossipping and slandering like this. That's not how brothers and sisters act.

Anonymous said...

As someone watching this conversation from the outside, it seems that GayChristianforgod, although probably with good intentions, made a terrible mistake. They said "I do not know Chad, but he seems rather mean in his responses, I just do not see why he has to lash out like that." How could you fault someone for saying that this is a FREE country and you have the FREE will to leave the church if you don't like it? Are you blind?! His responses aren't mean, especially when you have Anonymous saying, "You are a fat couch potato, which I am sure bides fine by the portly Eastern Kansas folks." And not being content with that, he even starts calling Chad names...

GayChristianforgod, you're probably a sweet person that meant well and Chad's comment may not have set well with you, but really... is it not a "mean response" when someone is calling other people names like they're in elementary school? Anonymous, I may have actually listened to your debate, but now I'll discredit everything you say because your comments are a barometer of your maturity, or lack thereof...