Monday, February 27, 2006

Random Thoughts 2/27/06

  • I posted my 400th article to my blog recently. That's better than once a day, so I'm pleased as far as that goes. Thanks for reading.
  • Here's something to make you feel a little better about your own relatives. A 40-year-old man in Scottsdale was found by the police unconscious in his home with a blood alcohol level of .345! At .35 you go into a coma. Experts said the effect on him was akin to surgical anesthesia. And to top it off, he was watching his 5-year-old daughter while the mom went on vacation in Hawaii. The little girl called the police on him and the man is being charged with child endangerment.
  • Because I know many of you are in the early stages of NFL withdrawal, here's a run down on the NFL offseason calendar:
    March 3: Free agency period begins
    March 18: NFL Europe League begins
    March 26-30: NFL Annual Meeting
    April 21: Signing period ends
    April 29-30: NFL Draft
    Late July: Training camps open
    August 7: Pro Football Hall of Fame Game
    September 7: 2006 Season Begins
  • I added some more quotes to the sidebar on my blog. It now randomly cycles through over 90 quotes that I've selected on the topic of contentment and Godly satisfaction.
  • I'm not sure who's causing more damage to my yard: moles or three little boys.
  • Iran officials believe that Tom and Jerry are part of Jewish conspiracy. Supposedly Jewish-controlled Disney created the cartoon to make mice, i.e. Jews, seem more likeable and clever. But almost everything about that theory is incorrect. Walt Disney wasn't Jewish and had no connections to MGM's Tom and Jerry cartoons which are now owned by Turner. And there are no Jewish connections.
  • Did you know Eminem was born in St. Jo, Missouri and grew up in KC (and Detroit)? Other Kansas Citians, by birth or by residence include: Walt Disney, Casey Stengel, Joan Crawford, Ginger Rogers, Don Cheadle, Ed Asner, Jean Harlow, Walter Cronkite, Count Basie, and many others. In fact, the legendary Yankees manager Casey Stengel's real name is Charles Dillon Stengel, but was nicknamed "KC" because that's where he was from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is something you wrote last year:
With Fred Phelps (the Topeka anti-gay bigot) and the KKK (supposedly still active in rural Missouri if you ask around) this open bigotry is becoming all too common. I thought Christians were supposed to be known for their love. I thought Jesus and his disciples were Jewish. I thought we were supposed to love our enemy. Have I misunderstood the Bible?
But now you have written about the oscars and the gays, and have even criticized Martin Luther King, Jr. in your blog. I dont think its appropriate to attach your personal blog to a church website. But I am glad you have for one reason, so I will not attend your church. Its ok to have a personal life, but when you attach your personal blog to a church website, you are preaching politics which is actually against the law, you are also mocking grown ups who although may not agree with you, still love the Lord...as if we are too stupid to understand and you have to explain to us what is wrong with the world. Can democrats be a christian?
Now as for your personal life, your choices of television kind of worries me...survivor, a show that pits people against each other for money and glorifies it, and also just the fact you have so much time to write every detail and explore so many other things.