Monday, February 12, 2007

2 Year Anniversary

This month marks two years that I've been blogging. I've made 835 posts and received about 29,700 hits, mostly from friends and family.

I appreciate each of you that take time to read my eclectic thoughts and rants. But for all the different topics I touch on I hope that see the common threads that run through my blog.

Foremost is the contentment I have with where I am in life:
  • I love living in Kansas City and being identified with this part of the country. I wouldn't want to live somewhere else if I had the option.
  • I love being a preacher. There's no other calling that I could be happy with.
  • I love my family. I thank God for my wife and boys and I can't imagine it differently.

Also important on this blog is my thirst for righteousness. I don't mean personal piety, which is another topic entirely, but rather justice and wisdom and reason. I want to combat dishonesty, cowardice and selfishness in our culture and I want to take a stand for what's right, wherever I see it.

This is the kind of men I want my boys to become: contented and principled. Only their faith in Christ is more important to me.

No comments: