Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Random Conference Thoughts, Day 2

  • I'm so spending my clothing allowance in the bookstore here. I need some Ozark Christian College stuff to show my school spirit!
  • We heard one of the best sermons at lunch today. The speaker was one of my favorites, David Erickson. Two Erickson sermons in 24 hours; what a treat! I also got to hear Rusty George, a former classmate of my sister's. He spoke this morning and then taught a workshop this afternoon on preaching to non-followers of Christ.
  • It was nearly 70ยบ today and blue skies. How beautiful!
  • We're missing our boys something awful.
  • I got a horrible sick headache late this afternoon. By dinner time I was in bad shape. This was rotten luck because tonight was our night to go to Jim Bob's, a local steak house. I didn't eat – I couldn't – and frankly that was a little upsetting. Oh well. Shannon took me back to the motel room where I curled up in a ball for a couple of hours. It's after 10pm now, and I'm just okay enough now to look at the computer screen.
  • Shannon and I went to a workshop on professional writing this morning. It was informative and encouraging. I feel this blog will eventually evolve into a ministry of writing. I have several ideas for books and articles I'd like to write.
  • I was able to explore campus a little bit more today and interact with some current students and a few of my old professors (we sat next to the college President at lunch). OCC does such a great job here on every level. I can't imagine another school I'd rather have graduated from or would rather send my own children to.

No comments: