Thursday, February 01, 2007

Tokens of Appreciation

Every so often the church gets "fan mail." This usually comes in the form of beer bottles and beer cans thrown at our mailbox or in our yard. The mail box shows the consequences of being hit more than once and on one occasion our admirers left an empty six pack of bottles inside of our mailbox. That was cute.

This last week there were several Bud Light cans at the end of driveway, so I picked them up and brought them in the church, figuring that an aluminum beer can will recycle as well as a Diet Mt. Dew can (I keep a bag for crushed cans in my office).

I did get a reaction from a few people as I walked in the building with the cans and I'm curious what the cleaning people thought with those cans sitting on top of the pile, but I'm not too worried. I may be just about the last person on the planet to whom an accusation of drinking would stick.

No comments: