Saturday, February 10, 2007

Random Thoughts 2/10/07

  • Between now and March 5, you can vote on the next Missouri license plate. It's surprising really, the state of Mizzery already has an attractive plate and I don't personally think any of the three new options are an improvement. But I voted for the one with the pretty bluebird on it (versus the two plain white ones).
  • How many Iranian bombs and agents do we need to find in Iraq before we get upset? Aren't they making war against us? Why is that okay? Secretary of Defense Gates gave evidence this week of Iranian serial numbers on weapons and bombs found in Iraq, and we've known for years that Syria and Iran were exacerbating the problem. But I've got a sinking feeling that we'll just take it. We have a long history of willfully ignoring belligerent third parties. As long as we don't want to escalate a war, the bad guys get away with murder (literally) and we'll just take it.
  • KU plays MU this afternoon. It would Bill Self's 300th win. Go Jayhawks!
  • I heard someone make a grumbling comment about General Order Number 1, no alcohol (among other things) in a combat zone. As someone who doesn't drink at all, I guess I don't see it as that great a sacrifice. But putting it in perspective militarily, the Navy prohibiting alcohol aboard ship in 1914 – that's 93 years ago for those of you scoring at home.
  • Graham got his first haircut today. I'll see if I can get some pictures of that later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted for the white license plate in the middle with the wavy blue line. The first one looked too much like Florida's that has a Florida orange for the "o"-- Poeple will start thinking we raise oranges in MO if we vote for that one. The third one with the gradient blue was ok, but I didn't like the font for Missouri.

Bonj said...

The Bluebird won.