Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Hearts

Yesterday was a busy day. Besides work and a missionary presentation at church, a lot of other things were going on:

Shannon hasn't been sleeping well and I offered (since it was Valentine's Day) to let her sleep in. I figured she might sleep until 7:3o or 8:00. At 10:30 she staggered into the light. And I wondered how Elijah was able to sleep for twelve hours at a shot!

The boys went sledding for the first time. I took Brennan, Tanner, and Elijah up to the church where we have a pretty good sledding hill. It was only 18ยบ and the wind was blowing but the kids loved it. I could fit all three of them on the toboggan at the same time and if I pushed they went really fast. They had blast.

We let our friends know last night that we wouldn't be hosting the usual card game since it was Valentine's Day, a good day to spend as much time as possible with your spouse. Or so I thought. We received a surprising amount of grief over the cancellation, even from the married guys! C'mon now, it was Valentine's Day. Of course we're not playing cards! Good grief.

Do you remember the little candy hearts that have messages written on them? Elijah (almost three) was eating them when asked, "What does that candy heart say on it?" It probably said "LUV YOU" or "BE MINE" but Eli insisted otherwise. He held it in his fingers for all to see and growled, "TAKE A NAP!!!" I wonder where he hears that?

Finally, KU won their game handily over Colorado last night. It's the sixteenth time in 17 years that the Jayhawks have swept the Buffaloes. Mom and Dad were able to go the game with our relatives out there. It's easier (and maybe cheaper) to get a ticket for a road game than a home game in Lawrence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I have a lot of ground to make up and I wouldn't have staggered out then if our clock hadn't said 11:30 am. The boys like to play with buttons.

Second of all, thank you. I had sleep fatigue for the first time in a long time and it was awesome! Could this become an annual event?