Monday, February 26, 2007

We're Off to See the Wizard

We getting ready to leave for the Preaching and Teaching Convention in Joplin. We're really excited to see our old stomping grounds again and I'll try to do a little "conference blogging" while I'm there. I know that I'll have internet access at the motel but I'm not sure about at the college. One of my favorite preachers, David Erickson (of Council Bluffs, IA), is speaking tonight. I'll let you know how it goes if I can.

We'll meet up with the Anderson's and hopefully see some other folks that we know. Even though I joke about not knowing anyone, there are several people I'd be really eager to at least say "hi" to. This isn't my year for a class reunion but I'm certain I'll see some of the folks from my six years at college.

It's also weird getting ready to go down 71 highway. We made the trip between KC and Joplin every weekend for five years. Now it's been about that long since we last made the trip at all. Highlights of the trip include: the Grandview Triangle (now new and improved), the Flying J in Peculiar (isn't that… strange), the really boring part north of Nevada (don't fall asleep), the "almost home" exit at Carthage, and the (really big) Praying Hands in Webb City.

No comments: