Saturday, February 26, 2011

Random Thoughts 2/26/11

  • I really enjoy sitting in my office studying and writing on a Saturday afternoon with a Kansas basketball game on the radio in the background.
  • Charlie Sheen is a drug-addled train wreck with an eccentric and over-blown ego.  "My fire breathing fists?"  Really?  Television writer and Sheen-nemesis Chuck Lorre may be a miserable person to work with/for but he's also one of the most talented writers in the history of television.
  • The Top-50 Opening Title Sequences of All Time (with video), according to IFC.com.
  • I wonder if the fuss over the unions in Wisconsin are hurting the negotiations between the NFL and the NFL Players Union?  I would think that the economy would hurt the public perception of the players argument for more money.  But I think this go-around is going to be more about getting better health benefits for current and retired players and avoiding that crazy 18-game schedule idea.
  • The Oscars are tomorrow.  It's the kind of thing that I'm interested in for trivia's sake, but I rarely agree across the board and seldom want to actually watch the show itself.  Typically, I'll record it and skim the three hour affair in about 30 minutes.
  • I had moments of doubt last year about Xavier Henry.  I'm downright underwhelmed by Josh Selby.
  • Does Colorado storm the court after every win (like today after beating Texas)?  I don't know when the last time was Kansas stormed the court in Allen Field House, but I hope it doesn't happen again in my lifetime.

No comments: