Thursday, February 10, 2011

Top Shot Reloaded

I watched the first episode of the second season of "Top Shot" the other night.  The History Channel's reality show pits marksmen of various disciplines against one another in a Survivor-meets-gunshow history lesson.  If you like military history, guns, competitions, clean and decent entertainment or all of the above, this is the show for you.

See the first episode of season 2 here.

In the first episode, the contestants had to shoot a target with a Civil War-era Sharps rifle, shoot billiard balls in a team relay with a M1911 .45 pistol, and then hit moving targets with a Smith & Wesson .44 Magnum pistol.  Add to this the tension of forming two teams where almost everyone is an "alpha male" and the losing team choosing teammates to be eliminated… and you've got a pretty good show.

1 comment:

Shaun said...

I loved the first season of Top Shot. So far though season 2 has eclipsed it already, although I might be jumping the gun, but I hope not. I liked the wide range of weapons that they used last season and it looks like they are going to continue on that trend this season. I upgraded my television to HD a few months back, so this is my first season watching in HD and wow I love the difference in picture. The clarity of the bottle exploding makes me wanna rewind and replay it over and over. Working and DISH network and also subscribing I decided that it might be a good point to move into the 21st century, and also all my HD programming on my top 250 package is free. Which almost made me feel like a top shot.