Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Random Thoughts 2/8/11

…and that's saying something!
  • Our church volleyball teams play for the first time this season tonight.  We have three teams that play in the rec league in Bonner Springs.
  • Here's what true love is (for nerds): 
  • Also this.
  • Rock Chalk, Jayhawk!  Those Tigers had me worried for the first half.
  • In regard to the Black Eyed Peas during the Super Bowl halftime show, 1) Our church sound guys could have done that better.  2) They were doing us a favor. Thus, 3) P.T. Barnum said, "Nobody ever lost a dollar by underestimating the taste of the American public." 
  • Did you not see any of the 10 movies nominated for the Best Picture Oscar?  Want to see all of them?  In one sitting?  AMC is offering a 24-hour marathon at select theaters and a two-day marathon at many of their theaters, including four in KC, later this month.  I've only seen three of the ten and there are five that I would have at least a little bit of interest in.  Hmmm… tempting.
  • Two of my boys, #3 and #4, are hanging out with me in the office for a little while this evening.  Fortunately most of my studying is done for the day and I'm just blogging and such.  Right now we're playing a game, trying to find all the Jayhawks in Dad's office.
  • My easy prediction: You said goodbye to your floppy drive (I haven't had a 3.5 inch floppy drive since the mid-90's), now you can say goodbye to the optical drive (CD's and DVD's).  By this time next year, Macs will likely have moved on and other computer companies won't be too far behind.  I'll keep a DVD player in a drawer somewhere, just in case I need it once or twice a year.  Everything you need can be downloaded online or from a flash drive.

No comments: