Monday, October 16, 2006

Men's Retreat, Part 2

Last weekend went well up at the camp. The guys were there had a lot of fun and seemed to get a lot out of it. That said, it's so hard to tell from my perspective. I did all of the preaching and thus excused myself from the discussion groups, so it's hard to say what kind of impact the weekend had on each of the guys personally. But I think we did a couple of things well:

  • I think the schedule was better for being more relaxed and flexible. I could have jammed the schedule with more programming, but there's a point where less is more, especially at a retreat.
  • We scheduled a few hours to play ping pong, carpet ball, foosball, etc. The guys seemed to have a blast during this time. The morning Hand Golf tournament went over well too (a team from our church won the trophy).
We had eight guys from our church go and hopefully next year we can get even more there.

No comments: