Friday, October 27, 2006

Sick and Tired

I've been feeling pretty rotten this last week and have been sick off and on for a long time now. It's finally gotten bad enough that I'm scared… so I'm going to the doctor this afternoon. This last four days I've had a number of strange pains, including chest pain, and that's got me pretty well spooked. I'm showing signs of high blood pressure, which is odd – I've always had a good bp in spite of myself. I'm also not sleeping, which is only making things worse I imagine.

Please pray for me. I'm probably most concerned with diabetes or heart disease, but at this stage I'm scared enough of the unknown that I'd take bad news over not knowing. I also know that, at my young age, these things are correctable and I'm willing to do it. It could also be no big deal at all, but I'm growing convinced that it is a big deal. We'll see.

UPDATE (8pm): The doctor had some lab work done to check all sorts of scary things but the leading theory is that I'm suffering from moderate to severe sleep apnea. It would explain things nicely and can be treated. I'll spend a night in the sleep center next week and I'll need to start losing weight. I'm praying that sleep apnea is the full extent of my problems, but we'll know for sure when the labs come back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jared, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize you weren't feeling well. I will pray for you and please call me when you know more about what's going on. I love you!
the mother-in-law

Anonymous said...

Jared, you will be in our prayers! I hope you get feeling better soon!
~ Justin & Mindy