Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Random Thoughts 10/31/06

  • Happy Halloween. I dressed up as a guy with high cholesterol.
  • Did you hear about Saints QB Drew Brees' Mom? She's a Democrat running for local office in Texas and not on speaking terms with her son. Drew Brees said, "There is definitely history. It's got nothing to do with my career path. I've just gotten older, and my eyes have opened to the lies and manipulation." He added that her commercials were sending a message of, " 'If you don't know much about the election, vote for me because I know Drew' . . . and that is a shame because the political process should be decided on your credentials." You can read more here.
  • The F-117 Stealth Fighter (actually a light bomber) may finally get retired. It's 1970's technology made obsolete by the F-22A and modern radars but keeps getting saved because of political wrangling. But finally the last class of F-117 pilots has graduated and with money tight, something has to give.
  • Claire McCaskill is still a loon. But I wish I didn't hear twenty commercials today with Jim Talent telling me so. I get it already!
  • We're going to Grandma's tonight to be with family. The kids have some cute little costumes. I'll try to post pics later and maybe share some
  • Vote next Tuesday. Pray first. Ask yourself what's good for our nation. Then vote.
  • You have to read the email that's been circulated from a Marine in Iraq. It's really something and isn't the usual, simplistic stuff you hear from talking head pundits. It's simply the most profound thing I've read on Iraq in a long time.

3 comments:

kcruthdaddy said...

Great email from that Marine. Things are seldom as they are reported. Sometimes worse, but often better. What do people think war and fighting and killing are about anyway. None of it is fun (unless you are sick).

kcruthdaddy said...

I don't think Claire is a loon. You cannot be an elected politician for the last 20 years without some type of support. Of course, it could be the Loon Club doing it!

kcruthdaddy said...

And my random thought for the day is:

Have you had a chance to read/respond to my email about the Work Retreat?