Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Answer to Prayer

Just one more note about the frightening episode with Elijah:

We really feel that we saw prayers answered. I can't prove it, but I felt that Monday night, as we sent him to the hospital, Elijah was dying. I believe it was that serious.

But hundreds of people were praying for that little boy and the life-threatening blockage and the necessary life-saving surgery that would have followed was taken away. It just corrected itself.

I thank God for that little boy. He has been delivered to us repeatedly from what would have taken others. Praise God that we still have him! Praise God.

Below is a snapshot of Elijah in his hospital room, Tuesday. The second picture is of me holding a 10-day-old Elijah in the same hospital, same floor, same chair(?) four years earlier.




May we never have to go back again. But if we do, may we trust the Lord's Mercy for our child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is GOOD.

-Jeff

Adam said...

Praise God for answered prayers. I think you're right; it's not the first time I've heard of people praying someone through a sickness. Hang in there; you guys have a great ministry in the church. We're looking forward to seeing you guys in May!