Monday, December 24, 2007

Having Fun? Wii! Wii!

We opened presents Sunday afternoon and I spent half an hour hooking up our new Wii. The boys love it and we're having a great time.

There is a bit of a learning curve, depending on the video game. Golfing, bowling, tennis, etc. might be the most natural feeling, as you are simply mimicking the real-life movements right down to the smallest detail (the bowling movements are uncanny). But other games are a little abstract in their presentation and one can spend awhile just trying to understand "how do I make this thing go?"

I'm surprised that Tanner (6) and Elijah (3 and a half) are having so much difficulty learning the games. Don't get me wrong, they enjoy it, but they both have trouble with the controls. Brennan (7) on the other hand is doing fine; he bowled a 159 in his second game (it took me 10 games to do that well).

No comments: