Monday, December 31, 2007

Youth Lock-In

I'm a few minutes away from being locked-in with scores of youth group kids for the night (I always try to end the year doing penance for my sins).

Every year we invite other churches over to our church for an all-nighter of fun and games. They kids lead their own worship session and we play all kinds of games. It's a lot of fun, especially when we get to see friends from Lawrence and Leavenworth.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to feel my age. An all-night lock-in begins to get less and less fun by about two or three in the morning. The last couple of years I've not even tried to make it the whole night. Ten years ago it was no big deal to stay up all night, playing basketball or even racquetball into the wee hours and then driving home in the morning. Those days are no more.

No comments: