Monday, December 31, 2007

Fantasy Football Playoffs

I made the playoffs in my fantasy football league (but barely). I didn't have a bad year, scoring the second most points in my conference (10 teams), but I kept losing the head-to-head match-ups. So in spite of my point production I ended up a mediocre 10-7 on the year – just enough to make the playoffs.

For the playoffs, our league re-drafts a new team consisting of two QBs, two kickers, and six "flex" players (backs and receivers), including players from your regular season team that you can keep. I'll keep my quarterback and both of my kickers, but I'll have to see about the rest.

It's been a fun year. We had 30 teams compete, mostly folks from our church with a few extra people added in. The playoffs wrap up at the Super Bowl and then we endure the long break until the next Fall.

UPDATE: We finished the re-draft a little while ago. I ended up with Tony Romo and Eli Manning at QB, Reggie Wayne, Plaxico Burress, Laurence Maroney, Ryan Grant, Shaun Alexander, and Fred Taylor at my flex positions and Gostkowski and Crosby at kicker. They'll accumulate points during the playoffs–whoever has the most points wins.

No comments: