Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Have Bowling Pins!

After being out of the office for a day, I arrived at the church to find a box of ten bowling pins!

Yahoo!

Now you might be thinking, "Why would anyone need more than three to five bowling pins? You know… for juggling."

But bowling pins are also great for target shooting. My father-in-law, before he passed away, took me target shooting and he was big into shooting bowling pins. They can absorb a surprising amount of abuse without falling apart, though these particular pins are already pretty roughed up.

I'm giving most of this box of pins to my brother-in-law Craig, who is an avid shooter. Shooting with Craig will probably be my next best chance to target shoot anyway. The police and my next door neighbors frown on shooting here in the city.

No comments: